Thursday, February 11, 2016

Graphic Art with Bipper

So, I know there is a bit of debate about graphic art and such... It's not a popular debate, but I do know it's there. When I've talked about art to some of my teachers and a few of them do not care for this new computer method. Others on the internet are saying that it's so awesome. So it's not a huge debate (like the Presidential debates, *yawn*) but it is still a little tiny thing that people either like or dislike... which can lead to debates. Today, in my art class thing. my friend, Rae, taught me how to do graphic art with Illustrator and Photoshop on Apple computers. It was so fun! There were so many colours to choose from, and so many things I could do! I could layer certain things and erase things I didn't like. I'm not saying I hate traditional art now (I still totally love it) but I can do a lot of things on the computers I can't do on paper or canvas. And actually, I do the initial sketch on paper then download it on the computer.
Probably my favourite thing about the graphic art, though, is all the colours! I love colour and it is very amazing. With normal stuff I have one shade to choose from, but with graphic art I can do even more colours!!!! I have so much to learn!
Anyway, here is the graphic art I worked on! It's Bipper (Bill-Dipper) from the episode "Sock Opera" from Gravity Falls!
Initial Pencil Sketch

After a bit of computer magic... 
Just so everyone knows, I am planning on doing a cool background for this. THIS IS NOT OVER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment